Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 16 - Travel Pillow

I love to travel, but most of the time I absolutely loath the process of traveling from point A to point B. Maybe it is because we are loaded into airplanes like cattle. There was once a time when flying was a big deal! Men & women would dress in their finest clothing, have matching luggage sets and being a stewardess was a coveted job! Sadly I wasn't born yet to experience that sort of luxury. Now I just schlep though the airport in jeans and pray I won't be seated next to a screaming baby or the chatty heavy smoker/coffee drinker who ran out of breath mints. I am a carry-on only kind of girl and have been that way for quite sometime. I went to Europe about 12 years ago and immersed myself in the carry-on gospel preached by Rick Steves. Fortunately I converted before they started charging for checking your baggage!

It came to my attention a few months ago that I had quite a few travel pillows for just myself! I had FIVE to be exact! I guess I have just hid them well in various places. I have already gotten rid of three. This one makes four, although I haven't decided if I like the one pictured (which is full of cushy micro beads) or a small traditional type of pillow. One of them is going though and I am leaning towards this one. I do have a dilemma because both of these are bigger than what I would want to take in my carry-on. These are more for car traveling. Ideally I would like a super packable travel pillow that will knock my socks off in both comfort and portability. Anyone know of one??? Please leave a comment if you do. In the meantime, I guess I should be brainstorming how to fit my chiropractor in my carry-on!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...five travel pillows. Your decluttering seems to be progressing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when you put it like thaaaat! ;) I did have several because I would usually bring spares for other people traveling with me. I also had some stored with my camping stuff while others were stored with travel stuff which never allowed me to actually view all of them at once, which turns out to be quite motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use a blow up pillow. Have been using one for years, trains, buses and airplanes. Also, silk eyeshade and earplugs. Priceless and do not take up space. Stash in small ziplock, ready for noise and time change.

    ReplyDelete