Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Slowly Getting Things Done

I am off to a really slow start but I have managed to get rid of quite a few things! In the past week I have sold the juicer, clothing and shoes. Last night I donated many of the clothing items that Plato's closet didn't buy and that an upscale consignment shop wouldn't take. It is shocking to think about how much all of that stuff cost when it was purchased off the rack. There were a few things that truly got worn enough to justify the purchase but there were many things that weren't! It is time to think about why I bought these things. I will also do a better job when it comes time to standing at the checkout line and deciding if I really need something or I just want something. 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I so completely know that feeling... "I paid what?" And now it is going to charity. Which, is not terrible, I suppose. Only it's just that at one time those nice things seemed really important to own and worth every last penny.

    ReplyDelete