- Juicer - I have had this juicer for at least 5 years and only used it a handful of times. The first time I juiced carrots, the juice sent me into a moderate asthma attack. Should of paid attention to that omen! Getting fresh juice at Whole Foods is more convenient (although more expensive) since I don't drink juices all that often. (Craigslist)
- High School Graduation Cap & Gown - I hate storing clothing items! These have been sitting around in a box for years and what in the world am I going to do with them? It isn't like you wear them again for reunions! I called my alma mater and asked if they keep some on hand for kids with financial hardship and indeed they do! Perfect. (Donating)
- Prom Dress - Once again, where am I going to wear this? I'm pretty confident it would still fit but I have not been to one special occasion since prom! Fortunately it is a pretty classic and simple dress so I can resell it. If there are no takers, there are some charities that helps girls if they cannot afford a dress that I will donate it to. (Craigslist or donation)
- Original Nintendo - I got my Nintendo and my sister's old Sega Genesis about 5 years ago. It was fun to revisit the games I loved as a kid. But times have changed and I have J-O-B along with many other goals that don't include wasting valuable time in front of the television. I hear that the classic games are available for the Wii if I ever decide that I must conquer Zelda again. I can live with that. Best of all, there would be no pink screen of doom! I am going to watch the going prices on eBay to see if it is worth listing and get a quote from Gazelle.(eBay or Gazelle)
- CD Player Alarm Clock - I love this alarm clock! It has some really awesome features such as dual alarms, weekend sleeper, adjustable display brightness and gradual alarm that progressively gets louder. Two problems though: it takes up a lot of nightstand real estate and I have no CDs so it seems weird having that kind of alarm clock. I looked extensively for a smaller replacement with all the same features but I had no luck. I realized that it would be much more simple to use the alarm clock feature on my cell phone. Done. I just have to make sure to not give my number to people who 'drunk dial' in the middle of the night! =) I will try it first on Craigslist and if it doesn't sell, eBay. (Craigslist or eBay)
What would you do with these items? I know I am trying to get rid of a few items that some would find too sentimental to part with. Some of my family still holds on to those gowns and prom dresses. I am not going to inform them of my decisions because then they will try and rescue the items to save at their house. Yes, I come from a long line of clutter bugs!
I can't wait to reclaim the space!